It's day one for the new-look blog.
But it's day 18 since I got my treadmill.
Apart from the 7 days we were away over Christmas, I've been on it every day.
My goal is 3 - 5kms a day.
For now I'm doing nothing different with my diet, I might change that at some point.
I'm just concentrating on moving, because I was doing nothing for way too long.
And as I have rheumatoid arthritis and my Mum had a heart attack in her early 60's,
I'm making health and fitness a priority this year.
I'm tired of being flabby & frumpy.
I want to be fit & fabulous!
So....2012 is the year of fit and healthy for me.
I'm hoping to find some others who are doing the same thing so we can support and motivate each other.
Do you want in?
I'm not sure what's the best way to go about it yet.
For now I'm going to post my time and distance on the treadmill every day.
If you want to join in you could put your health & fitness efforts in the comments.
I could put a linky or blog hop on every post if anyone would like that.
I'm also thinking maybe a Facebook page and a Twitter hashtag...
I'm open to ideas.
What do you think?
Let me know...
Let's do it!! :)
Day One -
2 sessions: 3km in 31mins + 2km in 21mins = 5km in 52mins
WOOHOOO! Im already fit but i love reading peoples encouraging stories - they always inspire me to push myself harder ;o) oh and if you do decide to work on your diet i have some AWESOME low fat low carb or wheat free ideas up my sleeve...
ReplyDeleteps look into the paleo style of diet - has worked wonders for me and i have kept it off ;o)
Ill stop rambling now... I am excited to read your journey to fit. And just remember - it takes 21 days to create a habit, so just stick it out for a month and you will be there!
Chasing a Miracle - LOVE your comment!! Thanks so much for the encouragement. I'm looking up that diet right.....now! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm with you Thea. I have tried many times to get fit and healthy, but keeping falling off that wagon. I bought myself a WII - on purpose to get more active. so much fun.
ReplyDeleteMelissa Jane - Oh yeah, the Wii is fun!!! We can do it, let's get fit!! :)
ReplyDelete