Friday, January 6, 2012

Day Three

My goal is to get on the treadmill and walk/run 3 - 5kms a day.
For now I'm doing nothing different with my diet, other than trying to eat well.
I might change that at some point.
I'm just concentrating on moving, because I was doing nothing for way too long.
And as I have rheumatoid arthritis and my Mum had a heart attack in her early 60's,
I'm making health and fitness a priority this year.

I'm tired of being flabby & frumpy.
I want to be fit & fabulous!
So....2012 is the year of fit and healthy for me.
I'm hoping to find some others who are doing the same thing so
we can support and motivate each other.
Do you want in?


I'm going to post my time and distance on the treadmill every day.
If you want to join in you could put your health & fitness efforts in the comments.

I've started a group on Facebook that I would love you to join... Eat Well & Move!
I'm also using the Twitter hashtag... #2012TheYearofFitandHealthy

I'm open to ideas.
What do you think?
Let me know...

Let's do it!! :)

This morning I woke up feeling very stiff and sore. I didn't want to move at all and contemplated a rest day. But I really do want to do something every day. So thanks to Shelly on the Facebook group and some tweeps on Twitter I decided to do something a little different today.

Day Three-

100 crunches + 50 (easy) push-ups
stretches for 10mins
treadmill: 2km in (a very slow) 24mins
(but I only intended to get on for 10 - 15mins, so that's better than I expected)

2 comments:

  1. Yay you! I think I'm going to do something about my flabby arms, do some stretches and do some Wii Fit stuff on the rainy days. I love aerobics classes but can't afford it, so I thought about doing up my own routines to my favourite songs. Did you know that LMFAO is awesome for exercising to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent suggestion Shelly! You know the only reason I love the treadmill so much is it has speakers and I play the music *loud*! You know how much I love music, as do you. I also sing along *loud*, I haven't sung so much for ages!! :)

    ReplyDelete