Saturday, February 11, 2012

Week Six

My goal is to get on the treadmill and walk/run 4 - 6kms a day,
doing at least 45mins a day.
I'm also trying to eat 'real' food and eliminate sugar.
As I have rheumatoid arthritis and my Mum had a heart attack in her early 60's,
I'm making health and fitness a priority this year.

I'm tired of being flabby & frumpy.
I want to be fit & fabulous!
So....2012 is the year of fit and healthy for me.
I'm hoping to find some others who are doing the same thing so
we can support and motivate each other.
Do you want in?

I've started a group on Facebook that I would love you to join... Eat Well & Move!


Let's do it!! :)


Weigh in - 69.5kg (that's UP .7km....UGH!!)
BMI - 28 (overweight) :(

Sunday 5th Feb - 1hr/3km stroll around Cooroy Botanical Gardens, 1hr/1.8km mountain climb at Pomona, treadmill 2km/24mins
Monday 6th Feb - treadmill 4km/45mins
Tuesday 7th Feb - treadmill 5km/55mins
Wednesday 8th Feb - treadmill 5km/53mins
Thursday 9th Feb - treadmill 6km/66mins
Friday 10th Feb - treadmill 4.2km/45mins
Saturday 11th Feb - treadmill 4km/43mins

TOTAL - 35km/7hrs 31mins

2 comments:

  1. I WISH I was 69.5kg right now (I'm still at 74kg) but I know how you feel after all the hard work you've put in. I can't help but think that things will turn around soon for the better. Perhaps it's taking this time for the metabolism to kick in? Just think where we'd be if we didn't do anything at all and remained sedentary. Our heart health would suffer and our general health would continue going downhill too. We have to focus on the long term health benefits I guess, just wish they were more visible to the eye right? If we went to the doctor for a full check up including blood tests for cholesterol I am sure there'd be an improvement there. (It's just invisible on the inside so it'd be great to see concrete blood test results to motivate us) Anyway, keep on smiling and know you are on the right path, even if it is slow to see results. Six months from now you're bound to see some favourable outcomes!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I know you're right. I only ever started this to make my body healthier, not for weight loss. But some days it gets to me. Did I mention that I am only 158cm tall?? xx

      Delete